Welcome to our New Location!
Yes, after having been in the same location since 1978, we have moved to a new location you will love even more then our previous location. You know it has to be a good move for me to move after all these years but now Capt. Slate’s Dive Center (Capt. Slate’s Scuba Adventures) has a brand new home, Mile Marker 90.7, Tavernier, FL 33070 - simply the first location on the Oceanside, left side of the road heading south, after the Tavernier Creek Bridge, directly on the water, you can’t miss us! After 36 years diving the keys and running the largest dive operation we know how to get it right. We can’t wait to show you our 25+ new dive sites.
We are located directly adjacent to the brand new Casa Mar Village shopping center also located directly on the water. The Village features 12 distinct shops, restaurants, women's clothing boutique, right next door the Fresh Press Café making the best lunches and my favorite coffee, they also 'make' their own fruit smoothies, we have Paddles for all your paddle board, skate board, kayak and outdoor adventures needs, a skin and shower boutique, fresh seafood market, raw bar, Keys attire store, and much more for your vacation planning and fun. Next to our store we have a huge white sandy beach directly on Tavernier Creek facing the ocean, sit and relax after or before your dives, what a fun time you will have at Capt. Slate's Scuba Adventures.
We also have the Creekside Inn on property, a first class hotel right next door, no driving from the hotel to the docks and store!We added a new 30’ fast boat (26-knt) to our fleet and can run smaller groups quickly to all the wrecks in Pennekamp Park from the Spiegel Grove, Bibb, Duane and to the Eagle wreck in Tavernier, now that is a "Wreck Trek"!
As always our highly qualified staff offers SDI, TDI, PADI, NAUI, SEI, DAN and more certifications so start or continue your dive education here!
What are you waiting for? Contact us at and book your reef adventure with the Professionals at Capt. Slate’s Dive Center. We treat you like the family you are to us! And remember, a visit to Capt. Slate's is not complete without the world famous CREATURE FEATURE!
Latest News...and Fun Stuff we have planned!
- Sailing Adventures and Instruction for our Veterans now available: Captain Slate, a life-long advocate for our Veterans, is pleased welcome aboard Capt. Joe Mastrangelo and his company Veteran Sailing Association offering a variety of sailing and diving opportunities for Veterans... Read More
- Liveaboard Dive Trip to the Bahamas: You need to jump on this NOW! Captain Slate's Scuba Adventures is sponsoring a trip aboard Aqua Cat Cruises December 3-10, 2016 for a fabulous week of diving in the Bahamas! Join us for a week of diving and adventures you will never forget... Read More
- We are a "GUY HARVEY Dive Outfitters OUTPOST"! Captain Slate's Scuba Adventures has partnered with Dr. Guy Harvey - longtime friend, world famous artist, and conservationist of the sea from Jamaica...Read More
- Welcome HANDICAPPED Divers! Capt. Slate is pleased to continue a 30+ year tradition of working with handicapped and wounded warriors with DEPTHERAPY...Read More
- Dive & Snorkel Guides! Dive guides available: $45 for the first person, second person is $10. Snorkel guides available: $20 for the first person, $10 for each additional person.